I love baking at Christmas when I’m in the festive spirit (and have lots of people to eat what I make!). Sometimes Christmas can be rather hectic though, so its nice to have a quick and simple recipe to rely on. These cupcakes are really easy to make but the addition of a cupcake topper makes them look very special.
- 3 eggs
- 6oz butter
- 60z self raising flour
- 6oz caster sugar
- Icing sugar
- Ready to roll icing
- Cupcakes toppers from My Cupcake Topper
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth
- Add in the beaten eggs, a little at a time
- Fold in the sifted flour
- Spoon into festive cupcake cases and bake for 15-20 mins at 180c
- Whilst the cakes cool, make up some icing using icing sugar and water
- Cut out rounds from the ready to roll icing using a cookie cutter
- Decorate the cakes using the either the runny or ready to roll icing
- Add a cupcake topper onto the nearly set icing, or place on top of the ready to roll icing using a little runny icing as glue!
I love these cupcake toppers, they’re so cute. They really add something special to cupcakes and are so easy to use. My Cupcake Toppers have a massive range of toppers in all sorts of designs for every occasion. You can even upload your own photo to be printed on the toppers with edible ink. The toppers can be made from icing or edible rice paper (the ones I used) and come in lots of sizes. It was super easy to order my toppers and they arrived very quickly too. I have some other cupcake toppers ready for an upcoming special occasion so watch this space…
You can get 10% off your order at My Cupcake Toppers using my code OHJUST10
Thanks for popping by,
My Cupcake Toppers gave me a voucher for their site in exchange for an honest review, all words and opinions are my own.