There was never any doubt who my bridesmaids would be, my sister Zöe and my best friend Sarah. I knew, they knew and I’m sure most people I know would have put money on it too. But I wanted to ask them properly so I never once mentioned the ‘B’ word after we got engaged. I do wonder if they were waiting for me to ask, but they never said anything…
I don’t live nearby to either of them and have a tradition with Sarah that in between making the three hour trip to spend weekends with each other, we meet half way for a day of shopping. We had one such day planned not long after we returned from Paris (where Tom proposed), so I decided to ask Zöe along too (neither of them questioned this request!).
I timed my train to arrive just before either of them and ran/power walked to Pizza Express where we had a table booked for lunch, to ask the staff to leave presents for them on the table. I used needing the loo as an excuse not to wait for them at the station!
They were so surprised to find gift bags waiting for them and loved what was inside! I got them a little bottle of wine each and made these frames to officially ask the question! This is how I did it:
- I bought deep, square frames from Wilkinsons.
- I chose one of my favourite photos of each of them and used the A Beautiful Mess app to add writing. I used Pic Collage to enable me to print the square photo as part of a normal 6×4 photo without losing quality, then just trimmed the bottom off the photo.
- I attached some pretty ribbon to the back board of the frame and used a cute peg to hang the photo on.
- Scrabble letter stickers from Hobbycraft let me finish off the frames by adding their names.
- I personalised the gift bags using Project Life cards and more letter stickers.
They said yes!