Now I don’t know about you, but I always start the new year with a resolution something along the lines of being healthier, and this year is no different. In January 2015 I joined Slimming World as part of this resolution, and this is the diet I’ve followed on and off ever since. I’ve been a very bad slimming worlder since our wedding and honeymoon in August, and have been very indulgent over the Christmas break too, so its time to get back on plan!
This is a very simple recipe and I feel its a good one to ease into those January diets, as it doesn’t taste like diet food at all. While its definitely not the same as ‘real’ pizza, you certainly wouldn’t know its a diet food. I warn you that cauliflower pizza is NOT photogenic at all, but tastes so much better than it looks!
If like me you’re following the Slimming World plan, this recipe is syn free if you use the cheese for your HEXA. If you’re not following Slimming World its a low-carb alternative to pizza!
Cauliflower Pizza – Serves 2
- Cauliflower rice/couscous (you can grate your own but it makes such a mess!)
- 2 eggs
- Dried mixed herbs
- 500g passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 onion, chopped
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Frylite or any 1 cal spray
- Cherry tomatoes
- 60g cheddar
- Microwave the cauliflower for 4 minutes
- Stir in the eggs and a pinch of dried herbs
- Spray frylite onto a baking tray then spread on the cauliflower mixture into a pizza shape
- Bake at 180c for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile make the tomato sauce. Start by frying the onion and garlic in frylite
- Add the passata, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree, then leave to simmer. This makes enough sauce for 2 pizzas so I freeze some for next time
- When the 20 minutes are up, add the sauce, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese to the pizza base
- Return to the oven for 20 minutes
The pizza with be sliceable but more of a knife and fork then pick up and eat kind of meal, it can be a little floppy! You can of course add any toppings you fancy, ham goes with it nicely.
Let me know if you make this recipe.
Thanks for popping by,