This recipe is a firm favourite in our house, and we eat it most weeks. Its a super simple midweek meal, taking less than 20 minutes from start to finish, and is oh so tasty. Its a low fat and low carb recipe, and if you’re following Slimming World its syn free. I eat mine just like this, but Tom likes to bulk his out with a portion of whole wheat noodles.
Ingredients – serves two
- 240 g Prawns – cooked or raw, fresh or frozen are all fine
- 500g Pak choi
- 200g mushrooms – I tend to chose a different type of mushroom each time!
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- Ginger – I use frozen
- Garlic – frozen again
- 2 tbsp tomato Puree
- Chicken stock cube
- Soy sauce
- Garlic and chilli Frylites
- You need one large frying pan and one medium sized pan. Spray the frying pan with garlic Frylite and the sauce pan with chilli Frylite and fry off some ginger and garlic in each.
- To the medium pan add the spring onions and prawns and cook until the spring onions are soft and the prawns are cooked (or warmed through it not using raw).
- To the frying pan add the chopped pak choi and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add the tomato puree and stock cube to the prawn and enough boiling water to cover.
- Add soy sauce to the frying pan to taste.
- Serve the prawns on top of the pak choi and mushrooms and enjoy!
I always get lots of questions about this recipe when I post a picture on by Slimming World Instagram account (@synfullyslimming) because I think it looks a lot more complicated than it is. It really does taste as good as it looks though! Let me know if you decide to make it.
Thanks for popping by,